Sunday 26 January 2014

Natural Hair Dye

Natural henna hair dye by Renaissance Henna 

If you are thinking that you used to use Henna and your hair went red/ginger, well it is the Indigo (another plant powder) that you use together with the Henna powder that gives your hair a lovely natural brown colour with reddish undertones, all very dependant on what your original hair colour is.  Please see link below for a You Tube version which gives you a complete guide on what to do!

Henna & Indigo - How to do it!!

About 8 months ago a friend of mine told me about a lady that she had met at a Health & Beauty show who had been dying her hair with henna. My friend said her hair looked really shiny and in good condition. She had taken her card and passed it onto me.

I have been dying my hair for a number of years with all sorts of products including home dyes and going to the hairdresser.  I was starting to feel that although initially my hair was shiny and felt in good condition, I noticed it was actually started to dull. I was also noticing at the hairdressers that  my head would slightly burn whilst waiting the 45 minutes or so for the colour to take. The hairdresser assured me this was okay and for the sake of beauty I 'grimaced' and beared it! 

So one day I remembered the card my friend had gave me and I phoned the lady. She was extremely helpful giving me lots of information. She directed me to renaissance hair website which I thoroughly read through and was very impressed with.

I ordered the 'starter kit' which includes henna and indigo, both different powders when mixed together give a lovely brunette with reddish undertones depending on your own colour hair to begin with of course.

The kit stayed under my bed for about 3 months because the instructions sounded a right faff to be honest so I continued trotting off to the hairdresser to get my roots done and to feel the burn!

One day I decided it was time to give it a go! Well that was 8 months ago and I can't tell you how pleased I am with the results! Yes I have to have this muddy concoction in my hair for about 3 hours but the result is lovely, soft, deep colour tines and very shiny hair! People comment on my hair regularly so I have decided to share this information on my blog!

Covers grey and makes it feel really shiny and soft!


Henna powder, just add water!


No comments:

Post a Comment